KTT CoP: Insights from Adult Education
Date and Time
10C Shared Space (42 Carden Street, Guelph), Activity Room
Join the Knowledge Translation and Transfer Community of Practice for a presentation and discussion exploring what adult education principles and theories can help make our knowledge mobilization plans more effective. We will:
- Analyze the characteristics of an adult learner and apply those characteristics to KT
- Identify how adults learn and how this can positively inform your KT practices
- Discuss learning objectives
- What they are and why they are important for KT
- Criteria for creating good learning objectives
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
This session will be led by Chrissy Sztainert, an educator with seven years of experience teaching at the high school level. During this time, she created and taught courses in nearly every subject at the Junior and Senior levels and successfully applied effective learning strategies in a variety of subjects, environments and audiences. She recently completed a certificate in Adult Education and aims to use the insights learned to transition into a training role in the Private Sector.
This talk will also be broadcast online in partnership with the Knowledge into Practice Learning Network. Please register (for online or in-person) on Eventbrite. For more information, visit the KTT CoP website or contact Travis Sztainert.