This document presents key questions and definitions developed by leaders in the field of community-engaged scholarship.
- What is "community engagement"?
- How is engagement different from "outreach"?
- What makes an activity "scholarship"?
- What is "community-engaged scholarship"?
- How is community-engaged scholarship different than "service"?
- What is "evidence" and what is "documentation"?
- What is "community-based research"?
- What are the characteristics of quality community-engaged scholarship?
- What is "knowledge mobilization"?
- How can I document community-engaged scholarship in a dossier?
Access the definitions here.