Skills for Research Impact Series: Data Visualization
Date and Time
Webinar access information will be emailed to registrants closer to each event date.
Skills for Research Impact is a workshop series for University of Guelph faculty, research staff and graduate students interested in enhancing the impact of their research. Throughout the series, participants will be invited to apply the workshops’ content to their own research contexts and goals, and bring in real examples to work on. Workshops will be highly participatory and will provide practical knowledge, skills and tools that can be used right away. This workshop will be an introduction to data visualization for non-technical users.
After attending this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand what data visualization accomplishes and why it matters
- Set yourself for success and know what your team needs to be successful in data visualization
- Define your data visualization style and approach
- Get familiarized with key best practices
- Get introduced to how to get it done without technical skills
Speaker: Naolo Charles, Knowledge Mobilization and Communications Coordinator, Research Innovation Office
Join us online this winter for one or multiple sessions! Participants who complete all sessions will receive a letter of recognition and be entered in a draw for a chance to win "What Works Now", a knowledge mobilization book authored by Annette Boaz, Huw Davies, Alec Fraser and Sandra Nutley.