In keeping with our mandate to support and advance community engaged scholarship (CES) at the University of Guelph, the Community Engaged Scholarship Institute offers a Student Community Engaged Scholarship Fund for students choosing to undertake community engaged projects.
We invite applications from undergraduate and graduate students who would like to request support for community engaged research. This can include research, knowledge mobilization, and other scholarly activities that incorporate CES being conducted outside of assigned course work (e.g. independent studies, thesis, dissertation). This fund is primarily intended to support students from within the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences, however, students from across the University of Guelph are welcome to apply. Funding is awarded on a competitive basis; applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Clear, community focused and/or driven research questions.
- Clear effort to build mutually-beneficial relationships which value community knowledge and egage at multiple levels and/or points in the research process.
- Research methods chosen are appropriate, effective, and relevant to research questions and community context.
- Clear attention throughout the research process to ensuring findings and outputs are accessible, relevant, and useable by community.
Please note that:
- A maximum of $500 per academic year will be provided to successful applicants.
- Students previously awarded funding via the CESI Student CES Fund are eligible to apply again during later phases of multi-year projects.
- Funds may be used to support a single project or multiple projects (separate applications must be submitted for each project).
- Applications may be submitted prior to or after expenses have been incurred.
- This fund is not intended to cover CES work that is assigned by instructors as part of course work. Instructors may request support for their course-based CES through CESI's CEL Course Support Fund.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. For more information and to apply, please review the attached application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 20th at 11:59pm.
Please contact Elizabeth Jackson, Director with any questions.