Now Open: Applications for CESI's CEL Course Support Fund (Fall 2020)
CESI's Community Engaged Learning Course Support Fund is now open for Fall 2020!
We invite applications from faculty members/course instructors in the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS) who are integrating community engaged learning into their courses and have incurred additional costs as a result. Faculty members/course instructors may apply for up to $500 per academic year to cover eligible costs such as:
- Transportation (e.g. buses for large group field trips, individual bus tickets, mileage)
- Community partner remuneration for guest speaking and/or additioanl contributions to course (e.g. gifts, gift card, donation to partner's organization. Cash honoraria can be approved only where community partners consent to submitting personal identification information to the University of Guelph for the purposes of transferring funds)
- Research-related and other project administrative costs (e.g. printing of surveys, posters, and other materials, participant incentives, food for focus groups)
- Hospitality, event space booking fees and other costs associated with community events and other engagements
- Additional knowledge mobilization activities (e.g. printing, design or dissemination of products such as infographics)
Fall 2020 applications will be accepted up to Tuesday, December 1st, 2020. Find more information and download the application.